cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject HTMLarea and Tabbed layout
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:05:35 GMT
Its now been established that HTMLarea does *not*
work under IE6 when using tables... see:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=109203952322577&w=2
and that page layout needs to be achieved through
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=109203952322577&w=2

While its simple enough to do for simple page layouts,
its more problematic when using the built-in Cocoon
stylesheets to render templates specified, for example,
with:
<fi:styling layout="rows"/>
as the stylesheets use the "archaic" approach of tables
to achieve page layout, requiring a rewrite of a number
of templates.

Before I tackle this myself, I wondered if anyone else had
attempted this (and would be willing to share code) and,
also, if we should not look at "upgrading" the default sheets
supplied with the Cocoon installation in order to ensure
that (a) all the components play nicely together and (b)
support a more standards-compliant approach to page
rendering?

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.