cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Pesky memory problems (Tomcat/WindowsXP)
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:54:42 GMT
Reinhard

Thanks for the hints; unfortunately, in this app,
I use neither cron jobs or  JXTemplate macros.

I guess this must be a more complex problem
than it seemed?

Derek

>>> reinhard@apache.org 2004/11/18 12:49:37 PM >>>
Derek Hohls wrote:
> I know there have been a number of threads on this topic; but
> I am obviously missing something, well, obvious!
>
> I have set the CATALINA_OPTS variable as follows:
>
> -Xms64m -Xmx256m  -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
> -DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=http://my-proxy.com -DproxyPort=3128
>
> Cocoon runs fine for a while, then the error message:
> ----- Root Cause -----
> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
>
> appears.  The memory monitor *appears* to show
> Tomcat using about 110M of memory... well within the
> 256M limit I would have thought?
>
> Is there anything else that could be causing this??  It
> has only started happening with my latest app, and I'm
> still not really sure what could cause such an overload.
>
> Thanks
> Derek

Try to re-produce your memory problems using a load testing tool. Look
for
"typical" pages and then run stress tests. When you find a test that
fails,
reduce it as far as possible.

Two "usual suspects" are Cron jobs calling pipelines and macros in
JXTemplate.

--
Reinhard

believed to be clean.