cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Pesky memory problems (Tomcat/WindowsXP)
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:33:48 GMT
I know there have been a number of threads on this topic; but
I am obviously missing something, well, obvious!

I have set the CATALINA_OPTS variable as follows:

-Xms64m -Xmx256m  -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=http://my-proxy.com -DproxyPort=3128

Cocoon runs fine for a while, then the error message:
----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

appears.  The memory monitor *appears* to show
Tomcat using about 110M of memory... well within the
256M limit I would have thought?

Is there anything else that could be causing this??  It
has only started happening with my latest app, and I'm
still not really sure what could cause such an overload.

Thanks
Derek

believed to be clean.