cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gou...@osmosis.gr
Subject encoding problem in samples
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2004 14:32:08 GMT

hi people

in the past i have contibute some greek translations an a sample that live
in scratchpad and i have notice that some greek charakters are brocken.
the charakters are:
(rho, mi, omikron)

it was unable to me to find why this happend until now.

today i have try to replace some strings in some xml files using ant
the replacement was succesful ( i dont have try to replace greek
charakters but latin).

after the replacement all the greek charakters i have refer was broken in
those files. thats why those charakters are broken in cocoon samples.

the encoding was UTF-8

so my questions are:

-how can we (I) fix this problem in cocoon samples?
-is this an ant or xerces problem (i know that this is offtopic here)
-must cocoon community care about this?

--stavros