cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "David Leangen" <dlean...@canada.com>
Subject RE: bored with *talks* about docs (was: New documentation project?)
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2004 01:12:54 GMT

Hi, Helma,

Excellent points and great ideas!

> I just read the ExtremeDocumentationOverhaul. Great, more or
> less what I had mind although not as well thought out and
> certainly not as well written out.

Do you mean that it's not as well written out as the extent to which you've
thought it through? Or that you've already written out your own plan?

Either way, I am _very_ interested in hearing your ideas. Please feel free
to contribute to that page. :-)

Note: it's a work in progress...

> My final goal is still a documentation website that is good enough
> for publication in a book and would contain all the ideas you wrote
> down.

Oh, that's very interesting! Is there anybody else like you lurking around,
I wonder?

> [...] but if you have to spend 10 minutes figuring out how to write
> that information down according to the "rules" set out by the
> documentation framework, you won't even start and the information
> just sits on your harddisk or worse even, in your head.

That's an excellent point.

I guess that I don't mind volunteering to accept content and inserting it
myself into the "framework", if there is one.

> I do hope your efforts take the documentation further than mine, and
> I'm willing to contribute, but don't expect to make many miles in a
> short time with just volunteers.

Nah. Been there, done that. I do appreciate the friendly reminder, though.

Regards,
Dave