cocoon-users mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: Converting &lt;tag&gt; to <tag>, how?
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:59:21 GMT
To me the difference is a quick solution that works for the moment.

I totally agree the JS solution was ugly (and it stopped working as soon as
my string got large).

All solutions suggested mean I have to spend many hours figuring out how to
implement it in my situation. As said, I have a tree of objects with all
kinds of "values" (dates, strings, strings containing HTML) and actually
only in the JXTemplate I parse it to an XML structure. All suggestions done
so far, either build a flowscript function or a pipeline. Elegant solutions,
but it would mean I have to traverse my tree of objects, either figuring out
which one is appropriate for parsing or build a class that only acts on
appropriate objects. And that takes a long time (which, of course I don't
have).

BTW. Reading up on your link, I suppose I've used it in one of the rare
cases where it is more or less accepted: I only use it to display text that
is previously entered using HTMLarea and therefore contains HTML tags.

As long as I don't run into problems right now, I'll use the
"disable-output-escaping" hack for now. But I'll store all other suggestions
for future reference.

Thanks.

Bye, Helma