cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Frangos, Nick (SAPOL)" <nick.fran...@police.sa.gov.au>
Subject RE: Deployment of Cocoon apps. Best practices?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 01:06:28 GMT
I am at a stage where I will need to deploy some applications under Cocoon.
It would be nice to be able to bundle up the applications into wars. The war
would contain the application sitemap, required jars, xslt, images, etc.
Then copy the war under cocoon and have cocoon expand the war. Is this
possible?.

Also how do you get around the requirement for application A and application
B requiring different versions of a jar, say foo1.jar and foo2.jar ?. At the
moment I copy the jars into the WEB-INF/lib dir under cocoon, but this means
that all applications can see that jar.

Nick Frangos

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralph Goers [mailto:Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 24 November 2004 7:25 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: Deployment of Cocoon apps. Best practices?

I also use maven. These are the steps I follow:
1. Build Cocoon with only the desired properties and blocks. Use
./build.sh war
2. Copy the generated war file to the maven repository.
3. In the project directory run maven war:install using the attached
maven.xml in the project directory.  It unwars the cocoon war, patches the
sitemap and cocoon.xconf as necessary and then adds our stuff to the war.

Note that this means that the vast majority of the jars you will be using
will be brought in via the cocoon war file, dramatically reducing the
number of dependencies that have to be changed with each cocoon update.

Ralph