cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robin Wyles <...@robinwyles.com>
Subject Calling components from java
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:23:28 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to call a cocoon component from within a Java class - is
this possible?

 From flow I use...

var my_component = cocoon.getComponent(Packages.MyComponent.ROLE);

... which works great. I have tried the following in my java class...

CocoonComponentManager manager = new CocoonComponentManager();
MyComponent my_component = (MyComponent)
manager.lookup(MyComponent.ROLE);

- this results in  "java.lang.NullPointerException"

... when I try:

DefaultComponentManager = new DefaultComponentManager();
MyComponent my_component = (MyComponent)
manager.lookup(MyComponent.ROLE);

I get " org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
Unable to provide implementation. (key [MyComponent])"

Can anyone point me to samples of how I can access Cocoon components
(declared in cocoon.xconf) in my java classes?

Thanks,

Robin