cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Leicester" <mark.leices...@efurbishment.com>
Subject Cocoon Forms - validating required fields
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:14:50 GMT
Hi all,

When a user leaves a required field blank, is there a way to generate a
custom fd:failmessage for that specific field?

For example: I have two required fields - username and password - both
required. Say the user enters their username, but leaves the password
field blank. I get the [general.field-required] message. How can I
override this with a custom message saying "Enter your password!
(please)". Must I resort to a custom Javascript handler?

I've been out of active Cocoon development for nine months or so. It's
great to be back - and to see how far flow and forms have come on. Nice
work.

Regards,
Mark