cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Miles Elam <mi...@pcextremist.com>
Subject Re: XMLCSS
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:29:48 GMT
Most browsers are moving toward better and better W3C spec compliance.
The notable holdout  by a certain large software company can be
mitigated with the use of Dean Edwards's IE7 code.

http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/

It's still in development, but no more so than the code suggested here.
  The advantage to using the above is that standard CSS authoring is
encouraged without extensive hacks or translations.  I think standard
CSS authoring is the key.  Translating to XML for conditional
processing is IMHO a step in the wrong direction.  You almost guarantee
that you will be the only one who can ever write CSS for your site.

- Miles Elam

P.S.  I can't hurt that because of the extra client-side processing,
other browsers will seem faster than IE.  Not that I would ever want to
sabotage IE performance to prove a point.  No.  Never.  ;-)