cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bent André Solheim <bent.an...@gmail.com>
Subject Deployment of Cocoon apps. Best practices?
Date Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:06:06 GMT
Hi Cocoon users!

I have been developing an application for document presentation based
on cocoon, and time is coming for full scale test deployment.

The way I have developed the application is that I have an own project
for the cocoon instance tailored for our application needs. Here I
maintain the main sitemap, the dependencies (jars) for cocoon to work
and other cocoon files. When building a war file of this project I get
a functioning cocoon application that can be deployed to an
application server, but with no functional pipelines. Lets call this
project A.

I also have a project B (a cocoon application) where I maintain a sub
sitemap, a custom generator and a custom transformer, and some other
stuff. In addition I have a project C where we maintain a bunch of
xslt transformations that are used across our enterprise. One
requirement is that it must be possible to deploy projects B and C
separately from project A. This is because there will pop up projects
similar to project B at a later time, and we must be able to deploy
them separately from the cocoon instance.

My questions are;
- How do you other cocoon users deploy your applications?
- How do you deal with several cocoon applications using the same
cocoon instance when deploying?
- Would it be possible for cocoon to use the transformations in
project C if I deployed them as a jar file?
- How/where do you maintain your mount-table.xml file?
- Are there people using cocoon and maven? How do you guys deploy?
(this is of particular interest to me, as we use maven for all our
projects).

That's a lot of questions for one posting, but I hope this can develop
into a discussion on best practices for cocoon application deployment
with ant or maven or other similar tools.

Best regards,
Bent Andre Solheim