cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stephanie Zohner" <stephanie.zoh...@gmx.at>
Subject RE: DirectoryGenerator & shared Drives under Windows
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:19:17 GMT
Hi,

I tried to configure the Tomcat Service with the Properties dialog under
Administrative Tools/Services. This time I could set the login account to
"my" account, however the password was not taken. It is always overwritten.
And I think this is the reason why the Directorygenerator still does not
like shared drives.

Is my Tomcat version buggy, or did I miss a detail, when setting the login
account for Tomcat?

Thanks,

Stephanie

> Upayavira wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a reasonable case for a patch to the DirectoryGenerator.
> > Anyone fancy creating one?
>
> The code change required is at the bottom (it's a 1-liner).
> Semantically, the old code said
>
> /**************************************/
> If the resolved file is Not a directory:
> 	Throw a ResourceNotFoundException
> /**************************************/
>
> My version says:
>
> /**************************************/
> If the resolved file is Not a directory
> 	Try using the configuration string verbatim (i.e. don't run it
> through the resolver)
> 	IF that doesn't work:
> 		Throw a ResourceNotFoundException
> /**************************************/
>
> This works for fully resolved network paths.  The correct solution would
> be to change the MutableEnvironmentFacade to correctly resolve the name.
> However, my knowledge of Cocoon is not sufficient to be able to assess
> the impact of that.  Also, the string is run through the resolver for a
> reason. I am loath to circumvent that without knowing more.
>
> You never know, it might be fixed in 2.1.6.1 :oP
>
> The following is my definition of the generate() method of the
> DirectoryGenerator class (based on 2.1.5.1 release, look for XXXXX for
> change). I ran it by the dev mailing list yesterday, but have had no
> response.
>
>    public void generate() throws SAXException, ProcessingException {
>         String directory = super.source;
>         Source inputSource = null;
>         try {
>             inputSource = this.resolver.resolveURI(directory);
>             String systemId = inputSource.getURI();
>             if (!systemId.startsWith(FILE)) {
>                 throw new ResourceNotFoundException(systemId + " does
> not denote a directory");
>             }
>             // This relies on systemId being of the form "file://..."
>             File directoryFile = new File(new URL(systemId).getFile());
>             if (!directoryFile.isDirectory()) {
> 			// XXXXXXXXXXXX THIS ASSIGNMENT AND FOLLOWING IF
> STATEMENT ARE NEW, PREVIOUSLY IT JUST THREW THE EXCEPTION XXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> 			directoryFile = new File(directory);
>
>             	if  (directoryFile.isDirectory() == false){
>                     throw new ResourceNotFoundException(directory + " is
> not a directory.");
>             	}
>             }
>
>             this.contentHandler.startDocument();
>             this.contentHandler.startPrefixMapping(PREFIX, URI);
>
>             Stack ancestors = getAncestors(directoryFile);
>             addAncestorPath(directoryFile, ancestors);
>
>             this.contentHandler.endPrefixMapping(PREFIX);
>             this.contentHandler.endDocument();
>         } catch (SourceException se) {
>             throw SourceUtil.handle(se);
>         } catch (IOException ioe) {
>             throw new ResourceNotFoundException("Could not read
> directory " + directory, ioe);
>         } finally {
>             this.resolver.release(inputSource);
>         }
>     }

> [...]

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergŁnstigen Komplett-Preis!