cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Conal Tuohy" <Conal.Tu...@vuw.ac.nz>
Subject RE: Extend Lucene sample to RDBMS?
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 01:41:25 GMT
Phil - make sure you use LuceneIndexTransformer[1] (LIT) rather than the crawler to build the
index. The LIT is far more convenient and much faster for indexing database records and in
general where you need to generate multiple Lucene records from a single data source. Basically,
you would use the SQLTransformer (or SQL logicsheet) to run a query, use XSLT to convert to
the input syntax for LIT[2], and then transform with LIT.

Con

1 http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LuceneIndexTransformer
2 http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LuceneIndexTransformer#head-936e59aff28c21f123c6590ef984dd188e0ce735