cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thor Heinrichs-Wolpert <t...@lunartek.com>
Subject Re: Slightly OT: accessing serial port using Java
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:13:14 GMT
The sun javax.comm api is there and it works on Solaris & Windows, but
I don't think it has been updated for quite sometime.

There are a few opensource ones that support the javax.comm interfaces
on top of the serial io stuff from http://www.rxtx.org/

We've been looking at the SerialIO (http://www.serialio.com) product
and have found it to be pretty good so far and fairly inexpensive.  As
you need to hook in some binary libraries into the JVM for serial
support, it's nice to get the source for both the driver and Java
classes (which SerialIO) provides in case you run into any issues.

Cheers,
Thor HW