cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <Philip.Fenn...@empolis.com>
Subject RE: PDF generation slowing over time
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:54:02 GMT
David,

Matt is quite right about the tables. In the FOP website it points out
that tables consume a lot of memory. If you can get rid of them the I
suggest you do. I was at one point using a lot of tables and by removing
them and formatting the document more 'creatively' I managed to almost
halve the size of an XSL-FO stream before it was serialized by fo2pfd.

Also you should check your sitemap.log. If you are getting messages from
FOP about exhausted sub-sequences, then these can, if left unresolved
cause you problems too.

The other important thing is when and where you generate your
page-sequences. You may be trying to cram everything into one page
sequence and running-out of memory. Try finding a suitable point within
the document structure to break-up the sequences into smaller chunks.
That way your memory usage will be reduced.

Also have a look on the Cocoon Wiki for performance and look at
cocoon.xconf tweaks that may help too.

Good luck

Regards

Phil Fennell