cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Innes" <matt.in...@unity-is.com>
Subject Including External Apps in Cocoon Portal
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:36:58 GMT
Hi,

I have been following through the various bits of documentation
regarding how to include external applications in Cocoon 2.1.5.1 using
the Portal block (primarily /docs/developing/portal/forms.html from the
Cocoon docs). I have a complex web app (a Scarab instance) I am trying
to integrate.

However, in the interests of learning to walk first, I have constructed
a trivial external application consisting of static html, images and CSS
(a photo album created by JAlbum).

I have built a pipeline to serve this application
(/cocoon/intranet/coplets/exhibit/index.html).  This works perfectly,
including all links within the application.

I have created a CachedURICoplet with the following definition:

    <coplet-data id="Exhibit" name="standard">
      <title>Exhibit</title>
        <coplet-base-data>CachingURICoplet</coplet-base-data>
          <attribute>
            <name>buffer</name>
            <value xsi:type="java:java.lang.Boolean"

                   true
            </value>
          </attribute>
          <attribute>
              <name>handleParameters</name>
              <value xsi:type="java:java.lang.Boolean"

                   true
              </value>
          </attribute>
          <attribute>
              <name>uri</name>
              <value xsi:type="java:java.lang.String"

                 cocoon:/coplets/html/application
              </value>
          </attribute>
          <attribute>
              <name>temporary:application-uri</name>
              <value xsi:type="java:java.lang.String"

                 cocoon:/coplets/exhibit/index.html
              </value>
          </attribute>
      </coplet-data>

Whenever I try to access the coplet I get the message "The coplet
Exhibit-1 is currently not available.".  I have tried a host of things
to make it work, eg. using /coplets/html/live.html instead of
/coplets/html/application. I tried to test the /coplets/html/application
URL in isolation, but this doesn't seem to work (not surprisingly).  I
have tried tweaking the coplets/exhibit pipeline to produce HTML or XML
to no avail. There is nothing at all in handled-errors.log and nothing
relevant in sitemap.log.  Any help or advice on either what might be
wrong or what else I can try to debug this would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Matt

Matt Innes, UTB Consulting
matt.innes<at>utbconsulting.com