cocoon-users mailing list archives

From robby.pelss...@vodafone.com
Subject Getting JDBC drivers to work
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 10:42:58 GMT
Hi All,

Sorry to ask this question here, but as a cocoon user I hope and expect that
many of you have experience on this issue.

I'm kinda desperate... I don't have enough experience with installing
drivers.. I looked at dozens of sites how to get JDBC-drivers to work.
First of all, which drivers should i use? The thick(OCI) or thin drivers.

I want to make a connection from my desktop(WINNT) to an oracle database
(8.1.7.4).  What are the actual steps I need to undertake to get this thing
running....

And i see so many different connection string examples it drives me
crazy....  So please mention these for OCI/thin if you have got it working.