cocoon-users mailing list archives

From beya! <and...@jibeya.com>
Subject Re: MySQL Failed Connection...
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:31:32 GMT
Roberto,
I had the same problem with mySQL 4.1 last week which was a complete
nightmare. I could not connect to it at all. In the end  I discovered
that mySQL was not started even though I gave it the command to start
and in the terminal window it said that the mySQL service had started.

Check to see whether mySQL has really started:

/bin/mysqladmin version

If the service is started, the next thing to do is check the user
privileges. If that doesn't work, use postgreSQL which is what I ended
up doing ;-)

regards

Andrew