cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: ExceptionSelector: Exception Not Unrolling
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 20:00:49 GMT
On 30.11.2004 20:51, Kist, Paul wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using the ExceptionSelector to do some custom error handling based on
> the different Exceptions being thrown.  It looks like the only Exceptions I
> am able to do anything with are the java.lang.RuntimeException and the
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException.   I set up a situation where a
> SourceException is being thrown and here's the error message that gets sent:
>
> Internal Server Error
> Message: Failed to execute pipeline.

> pipeline.: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception during source resolving.:
> org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceException: Resource not found. There is no
> resource with the requested path:
> 'global/www.msdclinicaltrials.com/facts/poll_default.xml' and promotion
> status: uat

> With this configuration, I get XML back from the NotifyGenerator, but it's
> for the ProcessingException.  For some reason it is not unrolling to reveal
> the SourceException pipeline.
>
> If I get rid of the test for run-time or internal-error, it goes right to
> the default error page, that shows the stack trace.
>
> I haven't seen much on this on the web and newsgroups.  Am I missing
> something?

I fear there is something broken. Not that I had a deeper look into it,
but I have the same problem. And same like you I had the feeling to have
it configured correctly, but I always get the ProcessingException and
not my own BusinessException as root, so that I can' i18n-ize my backend
error messages.

Does anybody has it working?

Joerg