cocoon-users mailing list archives

From pguillard <pguill...@soociety.com>
Subject Re: Including External Apps in Cocoon Portal
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 02:42:16 GMT
Hi Matt,

I'm worried i can't help you much, since i checked JAlbum and discovered
it uses JavaBeans.
But just a suggestion :
When i did reuse an external application (JSP Servlet) in portal, i had
the same situation, testing first that my application was ok in cocoon
but outside portal and didn't get it to work in portal : I found that
the servlet request, response and session objects were not the classic
ones ( http.HttpServletRequest), thus i had to transform Request /
Response objects for the portal use  :
apache.cocoon.environment.Request, apache.cocoon.environment.Response
etc. I suppose you'll have to get into JAlbum to make some adaptations too.

PS:Another thing: the pipeline to show your images can't be in the
coplet pipeline but in the main sitemap pipeline, otherwise you get no
image rendered.

Hope it helps,

Phil