cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Nick Goupinets <ngoupin...@openskysolutions.ca>
Subject Re: Portal Block - Profile Cacheing?
Date Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:50:10 GMT
Hi Matt,

I do not know if it will help, but I think that the profile is cached
once for every successful log in. So normally, it should not be
necessary to restart tomcat or reload cocoon just to get the latest
profile available.

In case the changes to the profile were made while a user is still
logged in, they should appear after the user logs out and logs in again.
If it's necessary to avoid this "re login" process, you can go directly
to the PortalService and invalidate the cached profile (or a part of it)
by clearing up the corresponding profile attribute.

For example, in case portal layout needs to be reloaded, this will get
it done:

PortalService service = (PortalService)
this.manager.lookup(PortalService.ROLE);

service.removeAttribute("Layout:portal");

Sincerely,
Nick.