cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Deployment of Cocoon apps. Best practices?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:42:31 GMT
Kees van Dieren wrote:

>It would save much time for deployment of web-applications during
>development, if the jar-files of cocoon can be placed in the classpath in
>another place than WEB-INF/lib
>
>For example, JBoss has the ability to put jar files in server/default/lib;
>These jar-files are attached in the classpath of web-apps.
>
>Will Cocoon work when all cocoon jars are placed in server/default/lib
>instead of in WEB-INF/lib? The Cocoon.war  webapp will be much smaller and
>thus deploy much faster.

I can't say whether it would work because I haven't tried it, but I
don't see why not.  You could certainly modify the process so that the
jars are not copied into the created war. In fact, the maven.xml I
attached had an option to skip copying them.  Or you could let "unwar"
copy them and then move them somewhere else as part of the build.

Ralph