cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon and VirtualHosts - Big problem!
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:29:00 GMT
I hat several problems when trying to host several virtual-hosts with
one tomcat/cocoon instance when using Apache.
At the moment I simply kicked it out of the chain and modified my sitemap.
At the moment all requests to my servers are processed the folowing way.
Cocoon gets the request and gets the virtual-hosts name and redirects to
the sub-sitemap contained in /opt/domains/{virtual-host-name}/ it seems
to work without any problems. Ant it is as easy to manage as you can
get. When using Apache you will always have to modify the httpd.conf and
reload the config. in my way you only have to add, remove or change a
directory name.

Here the core sitemap snipet you might be interested in, not much, but
it does the job for me:
   <map:pipelines>
      <map:component-configurations>
         <global-variables>
            <domains-home-dir>/opt/domains</domains-home-dir>
         </global-variables>
      </map:component-configurations>
      <map:pipeline>
          <map:match pattern="**">
              <map:mount uri-prefix=""
src="{global:domains-home-dir}/{request-header:Host}/sitemap.xmap"/>
          </map:match>
      </map:pipeline>
   </map:pipelines>

Hope this could help you.