cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Converting &lt;tag&gt; to <tag>, how?
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 23:08:12 GMT
On 16.11.2004 23:14, H.vanderLinden@MI.unimaas.nl wrote:

> Ha! That's it! Thanks so much.
>
> All the other suggestions assume one large string of text, but I actually
> have a kind of DOM tree containing text, some of which could be HTML.

What's the difference?

To be honest, the client-side JS solution looks really ugly.
And I personally do not like disable-output-escaping:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/N2215.html. It's always somewhat
hacky. And it does not work in a pipeline, i.e. you can not post-process
the tags in the string in a later XSLT as disable-output-escaping is
just a hint for the serializer to not escape this string. I will never
recommend it or use it if there are other solutions possible.

Joerg