cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: bored with *talks* about docs (was: New documentation project?)
Date Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:21:24 GMT
David Leangen wrote:

>>Don't ask around too much, you know the need and will is here - just do
>>it, import the good parts of the existing docs (there *are* quite a lot
>>of good parts actualy hidden in there) into whatever system you feel is
>>good to use, create a live, tangible, concrete example of what the new
>>docs will be and *convince people* that it's the way to go - by
>>*showing them* the actual thing, flesh and bones.
>>

>Know what... come to think of it, I may just take you up on your challenge,
>even though time is limited.
>
>So, my first questions are:
>
> - who else is interested in joining this subproject?
>
> - can we have our own mailing list?
>

>My actions will depend on the answers to these first questions.

We could set up a separate subproject - or we could just start on the
wiki. I've referred to the wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Cocoon215TOC page,
which is a previous attempt at doc improvement. Could you take a look at
that, and either add come content to it (by adding additional pages), or
find existing material and linking to it?

You see, I think this will happen best if we use what we've got, and
start small, rather than trying to create something new. The wiki isn't
hard to use, and anyone who wants to can participate.

As Bertrand said, there'll be much more visibility (and possible
participation) if we discuss this here.

How does that sit with you?

There's a huge amount you can contribute to this effort I'm sure. All it
needs is people like you on board!

Regards, Upayavira