cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: oracle Database question
Date Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:45:57 GMT
Lionel Crine wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I will work with Oracle and I have several questions about it.
>
> Access to the database :
> The requests to the database can only be done with esql or there another
> transformer or generator, etc ...?
You can also use SQL Transformer or plain JDBC access.

> Cache :
> I will use the Oracle cache to get great performance because my requests
> can be important.
> But I also need to use the cocoon cache to put some results in the cache.
> So the caching process can allow me to do that with the sqltransformer,
> etc ...?
> I supposed that I need to configure the cocoon.xconf ?
SQL Transformer is not cacheable I think. How do you plan to invalidate
your data in cocoon cache?

> Package object in Oracle :
> I supposed I can execute a Package with a custom class ?
>
> Intermediary Indexes :
> I will need to make request with intermediary indexes. Sqltransformer
> will allow me to do that ?
Could you post a sample of what you want to do.

--
Leszek Gawron                                                 MobileBox
lgawron@apache.org                              http://www.mobilebox.pl