cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: [OT] This is quite disappointing...
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2004 08:13:40 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:
> I received a promotional email from Javalobby.org
> for a certain commercial product... their opening pitch:
>
> "70% of Java Developers use Struts"
sure ... 49.6% of statistics is useless :)

> Now I wonder what % use Cocoon and whether those
> who use Struts have chosen it because its the better
> web application development environment... or just
> because Cocoon is more obscure?
Cocoon was a publishing framework in the first place. It started to become a
very good web application framework along with flowscript and woody
introduction. But this whas not that long ago. It is no surprise then that
Struts has more users.

> Not wanting to start any flame war comparisions here...
> just curious what my fellow Cocoon developers think?
> And I can't help wonder what it will take for Cocoon to
> achieve the recognition it deserves??
We already have a very big community. Every java developer I know gets also
some kind of sucked into it after I show them what cocoon can do. What we need
for sure is professional detailed documentation. What more? CForms becoming
stable. Some steps into stabilizing JavaFlow would also be a blast. Some users
are considering javascript a not-so-serious-language.