cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject Getting a return value from a cocoon:// source
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 22:13:58 GMT
Hey all --

I have a situation where I have a generator calling a cocoon:// source,
and I would like to be able to return a value to the calling pipeline.
My current solution is for the called pipeline to put this value into
the returned xml, and I then have a transformer that just scans through
the xml looking for that particular element.  However, this is very slow
when there is a lot of xml returned.

I've tried setting things into the request context from the called
pipeline, but the caller can never read it.  Is there a trick to getting
the caller's request context in the called pipeline?

thanks,
-steve