cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joose Vettenranta <jo...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: cforms - ojb: generate unique id
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:06:56 GMT
Hi,

I have created some sort of tutorial on using ojb and cocoon. It's been
posted on wiki, but here is the original url: http://joose.iki.fi/ojb/

OJB creates the unique id for the bean when it's inserting the bean.

like

bean.getId() <- no id yet
dao.insert(bean); <- bean is inserted to ojb repository
bean.getId() <- unique id now

HTH,

Joose

23.11.2004 kello 18:09, Jorge Davila kirjoitti:

  Oops! The same answer with more elements:

> Reading the samples I can't find one sample demostrating how to
> generate unique id using ojb... well, in the samples, employee e.g.
> ... the unique id are asigned using instructions like:
>
> function form2bean(form) {
>  // .................
>
>    var contact = new
> Packages.org.apache.cocoon.forms.samples.Contact();
>
>     contact.setId("1");
>  // .................
>
>     bean.addContact(contact);
>
>     form.load(bean);
>     form.showForm("form2-display-pipeline");
>     form.save(bean);
>
>     cocoon.sendPage("form2bean-success-pipeline", { "form2bean": bean
> });
> }
>
> and here the two questions:
>
> 1.- What line a need to autogenerate an unique id
> 2.- How I can do to show my final html page. When I put a field
> identity for the id in the html form is placed an forms_onsubmit() and
> the final result is not showed.
>
> Thank for your response,
>
> Jorge Dávila.
>
> Jorg Heymans wrote:
>> I think you're suffering from a few other knock-on effects and this
>> is making your result page rendering fail.
>> But to get onto your question: unique id's can be generated by the OR
>> mapping tool itself. Hibernate can do it, i'm sure ojb can as well.
>> Regards
>> Jorg
>> Jorge Davila wrote:
>>> Hello all!:
>>>
>>> I'm trying to agregate a new record in a postgresql database ... but
>>> when i put a widget field in my definition file I obtain an:
>>>
>>> forms_onsubmit();
>>>
>>> in my form (in the html page).
>>>
>>> then, my result page is not showed.
>>>
>>> How generate the unique id using flow?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Jorge Dávila.

"Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else!"
* http://iki.fi/joose/ * joose@iki.fi * +358 44 561 0270 *