cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Manipulating the DOM in flowscript
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:10:39 GMT
Il giorno 29/nov/04, alle 08:02, Derek Hohls ha scritto:

> I don't understand your reply; I was trying to insert
> a new node before the first, second-level node... and
> as I said in the post; I have tried a whole variety of
> DOM manipulations, none of which worked.  So I was
> concerned that either (a) the document could not be
> manipulated at all or (b) there was something more
> fundamentally wrong.

I think what is fundamentally wrong is your comprehansion of DOM. What
you're trying to do:

 >	document.insertBefore(keyNode,keyNode);

makes absolutely no sense to me, and probably to DOM. What does it mean
"to insert a node before itself"???

In a reply to one of your mails in the "Using htmlArea 'output' with
SVG" thread I showed how you can use the "importNode" call to import a
fragment of a document into another document. If that is what you're
trying to accompish, it might help you.

> I appreciate that this is not a "Cocoon" problem per se
> (if one wants to be pedantically accurate) - nonetheless
> the Cocoon developers have chosen to allow use of
> Javascript in the flow controller, so it not unreasonable
> to ask and/or answer the odd question related to its
> use... just as we try to deal with simpler, XSL-related
> questions before referring folk (esp. newbies) to the
> XSL mailing list.

This is not a Javascript problem either. This is a DOM API problem. If
you expect help on any java API that can be called by flowscript, be
prepared to be disillusioned.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/