cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Philipp Rech" <philipp.r...@gmx.de>
Subject passing data from flow to jx (lots of typing)
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:40:15 GMT
Hello Cocooners!

here is what i know and do:
having a CForm field

      <fd:field id="myfield" required="true">

a pass the value via a bizdata object in the flowscript writing:

      "myfield" : model.myfield

then I can use that in the JXTemplate (in XML) as:

      <myfield> #{myfield}</myfield>

and transfer it via XSLT. I dn't wanna use HMTL in the JXTemplate.
all works okay so far...

QUESTION: do i have to do it that way? since i have many fields it is a lot
of typing and the flowscript gets kinda large... is there a better / faster
way to pass the data to the JX Template? Like passing all data from model to
bizdata object using the same name? The names of the fields and the names of
the XML tags are the same in the end (in my case). If not i will just keep
on typing... ;) Does the "binding framwork" make that step obsolete?

Thank you very much and have a great weekend!
-phil