cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Julian <cerebr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [OT] User Preferences and Webapp Configs
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:21:56 GMT
Derek,

Thanks for the reply and tips.  Is it necessary to use
CForms?  How scalable is a solution based on parsing
XML at runtime, especially if I need to access the XML
in my Java domain model (aka have to parse the XML
into POJOs/XMLBeans) so users and the system can
update the info?

Thanks again,
Julian

--- Derek Hohls <DHohls@csir.co.za> wrote:

> Julian
>
> You could use a combination of CForms and XML...
> you do not need to even have a database with this
> type
> of setup.  Each user could have his/her own config
> file or you could just keep it all in one file,
> depending
> on number of user and number of config options.
>
> Derek

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone could point me to some
> resources or offer some suggestions for building a
> user preferences and webapp configuration system.  I
> would like users to be able to update their
> preferences and the webapps config.  The user's
> would
> be able to inherit preferences based on which roles
> they have.  The configs consist of available
> functionality for the web application (e.g.
> available
> modules, thrid party integration options).  On the
> other side, the preferences would include skins,
> pop-up preferences, form auto-fill data (i.e.
> favorite
> reponses to frequently filled out forms), etc.  I
> currently use Java 1.4, Cocoon 1.2.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Julian

> http://my.yahoo.com

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@cocoon.apache.org
>

> --
> believed to be clean.
> MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their
> support.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@cocoon.apache.org

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam