cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tom Bloomfield <...@shopbloomfield.com>
Subject Large XML transformations in Cocoon.
Date Fri, 19 Nov 2004 01:45:32 GMT
I'm planning to do xml -> text transformations (for tab-delimited
output) and xml -> FOP on large XML datasets.  The XML I will  be
processing will be 10-12 MB in size, and will grow from there. Based on
planning, the XSL will contain around 50 node traversals and will
iterate over my XML dataset around 46,000 times.  Previous to this, my
Cocoon transformations haven't been nearly this big.

The amount of JVM memory I have to deal with is limited (<256M).  This
transformation will need to run in real-time.

Does anyone have experience dealing with large datasets like this?

TIA,
Tom