cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Frank Taffelt <frank.taff...@interface-business.de>
Subject Re: HTMLarea in a table in IE doesn't show up, help anyone?
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:47:47 GMT
i also had this behaviour. the solution was to define an own
javascript:onload function which does all the initialization that the
htmlare needs.

my forms templates calls this function :
<fi:styling type="htmlarea" style="height:400px;width:800px;">
   <initFunction>init_html_area</initFunction>
</fi:styling>

the function init_html_area is defined in the html/head section as:
<script>
  function init_html_area(id) {

  var myobj = new Object();
  myobj.data = id;

  myobj.forms_onload = function() {
    // default config
    var config = new HTMLArea.Config();

    // override deafults
    config.width = "auto";
    //config.width = "300px";
    config.height = "auto";
    //config.height = "300px";
    HTMLArea.replace(this.data,config);
  }

  // register in the onload chain
  forms_onloadHandlers.push(myobj);
}
</script>

in short, the problem is a timing problem when the HTMLArea gets executed
and not all required Elements (your table) are rendered and has the correct
height, in your your case height = 0.

hth,
Frank