cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Roberto" <rma...@montefiore.ch>
Subject Re: MySQL Failed Connection...
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:33:47 GMT
Andrew,
thanx for the support. But for real did you change your database? I cant do that... I mean
I got my actually db in MySQL & I need to use it.

I made the check you suggested me, but the problem is still the same #@#@@##!! As you right
said is a nightmare, but I have to solve it!!

Ciao
ROb
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: beya!
  To: users@cocoon.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:31 AM
  Subject: Re: MySQL Failed Connection...

  Roberto,
  I had the same problem with mySQL 4.1 last week which was a complete nightmare. I could
not connect to it at all. In the end I discovered that mySQL was not started even though I
gave it the command to start and in the terminal window it said that the mySQL service had
started.

  Check to see whether mySQL has really started:

  /bin/mysqladmin version

  If the service is started, the next thing to do is check the user privileges. If that doesn't
work, use postgreSQL which is what I ended up doing ;-)

  regards

  Andrew