cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Maisonneuve" <nico.maisonne...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Extend Lucene sample to RDBMS?
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:59:19 GMT
see also a different version of LuceneIndexTransformer
index XML data and delete available
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=107821889332237&w=2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Conal Tuohy" <Conal.Tuohy@vuw.ac.nz>
To: <users@cocoon.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2004 02:41
Subject: RE: Extend Lucene sample to RDBMS?

Phil - make sure you use LuceneIndexTransformer[1] (LIT) rather than the
crawler to build the index. The LIT is far more convenient and much faster
for indexing database records and in general where you need to generate
multiple Lucene records from a single data source. Basically, you would use
the SQLTransformer (or SQL logicsheet) to run a query, use XSLT to convert
to the input syntax for LIT[2], and then transform with LIT.

Con

1 http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LuceneIndexTransformer
2
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/LuceneIndexTransformer#head-936e59aff28c21f123c6590ef984dd188e0ce735