cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Maisonneuve" <nico.maisonne...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Extend Lucene sample to RDBMS?
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2004 12:17:23 GMT
my version doesn't allow nested lucene field because lucene index is a flat
structure of fields.
The official versionof LuceneIndexTransformer  is a fulltext indexation.. It
indexes the content (and not the structure) in a general field named
"content", there are also link field and text-attr but it's optionaly)

With my version you can choose which information you index in user specific
fields. (much better to the relevance)
so i'ts not a really structured indexation, but you can search a solution ,
for example field name= xpath name
<tag1>
    <tag2>coco</tag2>
    <tag3coco2</tag3>
</tag1>
with my luceneTransformer

<field name="tag1.tag2">coco</field>
<field name="tag1.tag3">coco2</field>

you can see XML indexation method in lucene sandbox page to allow search
structure of xml, but  IMHO the search structure is not really necessary
(because the user hasn't to know the structure of document to search
information)

Nicolas Maisonneuve