cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Jacob" <eric.ja...@bell.ca>
Subject RE: Deployment of Cocoon apps. Best practices?
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:12:21 GMT
Hi David,

You're right, I need to manually track the JARs for each release of Cocoon
(could be a real pain). What would be really nice is having the cocoon
related jars published automatically on ibiblio repository... Any volunteer?

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: David Leangen [mailto:dleangen@canada.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 7:56 PM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: RE: Deployment of Cocoon apps. Best practices?

I am interested in this, since I am pretty much at the same point. So, I am
very curious...

With your approaches to managing the apps, doesn't this mean, though, that
you pretty much have to manage some things manually? I mean, what do you do
if there is a new or updated dependency with Cocoon, or if for some reason
JARs are stored in a different location?

Also, do you use the latest CVS version or do you use a more stable release?

Eric's approach seems to depend less on the structure of how Cocoon is
built, but seems to require the developer to manually track the JARs.
Ralph's approach solves the problem of manually tracking the JARs... but it
seems that it depends on how the Cocoon project is structured. Or am I
mistaken?

I guess what I'm really interested in is completely automating the build, so
it works without any intervention even when Cocoon is updated. Is this even
possible, do you think?

Thanks!
Dave