cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Volkm@r" <plsdontre...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: Encoding problems, still!
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:50:30 GMT
Tuomo L wrote:
> ...adding to my latest post
>
> The URL-encoding is done wrong when serializing to HTML. According to
> specs "äö" should become "%E4%F6" when encoded, not "%C3%A4%C3%B6". This
                           iso-8859-1                       utf-8

But you'd better not mix up utf-8 with iso8859-1.

> seems to be the problem. So far I've noticed this problem with the
> HREF-attribute only.
>
> For a test I made a styslesheet that substitutes "ä" with "%E4" before
> serializing to HTML. This works, but it should be done by the
> serializer, right?

This means you are still using the built-in and uncorrected urlencoding?

How did you define the "set-encoding" action in the components section
of sitemap.xmap?
</map:components>
   <map:actions>
<!-- read http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding -->
     <map:action name="set-encoding"
         src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.SetCharacterEncodingAction"/>
   </map:actions>
</map:components>

And how are you using it in the pipeline?
<map:pipeline>
   <map:act type="set-encoding">
     <map:parameter name="form-encoding" value="utf-8"/>
   </map:act>
</map:pipeline>

--
Volkm@r