cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: Using show-time
Date Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:51:07 GMT

Peter Shipley wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction in
> order to use show-time in web.xml

I didn't even know that parameter existed :-)

> I uncommented it but saw nothing. Is their a step I am missing ?
hmmm ... line 1157 to 1173 in CocoonServlet.java seems to indicate that
the functionality is supported

Looking at line 449 there is also

this.showTime = BooleanUtils.toBoolean(value) || (this.hiddenShowTime =
"hide".equals(value));

which indicates that this parameter needs a boolean value. So your
solution would be to set the value in web.xml to "true" rather than
"show". As the comment in web.xml says, you will often be getting
invalid content length warnings. For me, it only worked the first time
you request a page.

Note that page rendering times can also be retrieved from the access.log
in WEB-INF/logs

Regards
Jorg