cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Volkm@r" <plsdontre...@arcor.de>
Subject Re: Problem with StreamGenerator
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:54:27 GMT
Art Spassky wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Can someoneb help me with my problem.
> I am using cocoon-2.1.5.1.
> I would like to use StreamGenerator for automatical generating documents
> from uploaded files.
> everything works well but I found problem with encoding.
> When I upload xml file with encoding UTF-8 and transform it. Output file
> contains irregular data.
>
> Thank you for help in advance.
>
> UploadForm.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1251"?>

So you have

1. An XML declaration saying "Windows-1251"
2. A meta hack saying "UTF-8"

Both should be the same and both *must* be in accordance with the
charset info of the HTTP response header. As you are obviously using
Cyrillic, you'd better chose the XML standard encoding which is UTF-8.

Check the mime-type attribute of your HTML serializer to be

    mime-type="text/html; charset=utf-8"

so that it will put the correct header.
--
Volkm@r