cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tuomo L <tleso...@cc.hut.fi>
Subject Re: Encoding problems, still!
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 06:44:39 GMT
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 28.10.2004 21:35, Tuomo L wrote:
>
>> We're having some serious encoding problems. This happens only with the
>> @href attributes in html, when using characters like å, ä and ö (in Finnish
>> alphabet). Form encoding works just fine. I've gone through all the threads
>> concerning encoding (other people having encoding problems too). No luck so
>> far. Is this still an issue in Cocoon? Could someone please tell what's
>> wrong?
>
> What's the page encoding? Forms work like expected? Just the links don't
> work? This normally points to a different page encoding than UTF-8 as link
> requests are encoded in UTF-8 while form requests are encoded in page
> encoding. I don't think it is a Cocoon issue.
>
> Joerg

Thanks Joerg,

According to IE, the page encoding is set to UTF-8. The
container-encoding and form-encoding in web.xml (Tomcat) are set to UTF-8.
HTMLSerializer is set to use UTF-8 (mime-type="text/html; charset=utf-8")
and has the parameter <encoding>UTF-8</encoding>. The xsl stylesheets use
ISO-8859-1, though. I've also tried setting everything to ISO-8859-1, but
the problem with the href-attributes in html remains. Mozilla Firefox
shows the characters correctly when doing "view source", but if I save the
document on disk and open with ASCII-editor, the encoding is wrong there
with both IE and Mozilla. So maybe it's not a browser problem?

Here's an example:

becomes:

when it should read (I think):

What's happening?