cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gunter D'Hondt <gunter.dho...@sofico.be>
Subject RE: pdf output in IE
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:27:30 GMT
We just set up 2 sites under Tomcat:
- one running with cocoon "http://host/webapp/"
- one running with all static stuff (images, css, html, pdf, ...)
"http://host/webapp_static/" with all caching on

This enables us to easily develop with only using tomcat (with apache);
and in production we normally skip the webapp_static in tomcat and place
it under a virtual host in apache; we also don't advise to serve static
content thru cocoon due to performance (cocoon is after all not made for
static pages; apache is)

I know that many possible solutions are available; so pls supply yours to
the list so that we all can learn and maybe come to the best solution
ever!

Regards,
Gunter

"Derek Hohls" <DHohls@csir.co.za>
22-10-2004 07:52
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

<users@cocoon.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: pdf output in IE

Gary

Is this a relatively simply task; if so, could you outline the steps
required - if not, perhaps you could point to a resource for
learning how to do this.

Thanks
Derek

PS Any idea if this can be done via Tomcat or Jetty?

>>> GSchultz@commerce.state.wi.us 2004/10/21 08:20:24 PM >>>
We continue to experience problems with static content such as PDF
documents, Word files, and some images going through Cocoon. We have
started
using the redirect directive in Apache so that all PDF documents are
served
directly through Apache and avoid sending PDF documents through Cocoon.
This
has solved our PDF problems in IE. We are in the process of
implementing
this for all static files, PDF Word, images etc. Cocoon will handle
transformation of XHTML content in our web publishing system template,
Apache will serve all static content. There is a noticeable
performance
increase when serving static files through Apache instead of Cocoon.

Gary T. Schultz
Web Administrator / GIS Coordinator
Wisconsin Department of Commerce
201 W. Washington Ave.