cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gunter D'Hondt <gunter.dho...@sofico.be>
Subject Re: CForms: immediate validation of input fields
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:28:01 GMT
CForms still doesn't have any clientside validations, which in my opinion
is currently a huge disadvantage coz now you have to declare the
specifications (datatype, required, format) in the form definition and
again in your own clientside javascript stuff. It would be perfect that
the CFormTemplateTransformer could automatically create those clientside
javascript pieces or at least give a javascript-structure with the
metadata of each field in it.
Regards,
Gunter D'Hondt.

Jan Hoskens <jh@schaubroeck.be>
14-10-2004 10:17
Please respond to
users@cocoon.apache.org

users@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: CForms: immediate validation of input fields

If I am correct, all stuff happens server-side. The fd:javascript will
happen at the same moment as the other validations (meaning sever-side,
on-submit). If you really want to have a client-side validation, you
can try to set some extra stuff in your template:

<ft:widget id=" ... "><fi:styling onchange=""></ft:widget>

The fi:styling attributes that are not used by the cform stylesheets
will be copied into your html input element (ending up with <input ....
onchange=""/>). So you can set a javascript piece in which you validate
your field in those attributes.

Kind Regards,
Jan