cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lars Huttar" <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject RE: XForms/DENG passing parameters to Cocoon?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 06:36:24 GMT
OK, having sniffed the http transaction, here is what I get...

When submitting data using an HTML form, I get the following request body:

  Linguistic_Subgroup_Id=69413&Subgroup_Name=Turkic&go=Submit

This is just what I want: the parameters and values. I know how to make
Cocoon understand that.

When submitting data using XForm/DENG, I get the following HTTP POST request
body:

  <gem:Linguistic_Subgroup><gem:Linguistic_Subgroup_Id>69413</gem:Linguistic
_Subgroup_Id><gem:Subgroup_Name>Turkic</gem:Subgroup_Name></gem:Linguistic_S
ubgroup>

I.e. it's in XML. That would be fine, if I could figure out how to get the
request body into the pipeline. Maybe using a request generator? No, that
gives the requestHeaders, requestParameters, and so on but nowhere does the
above XML data show up. The Request InputModule has get methods for request
body (content) length and type, but I don't see how to get the content
itself.
Any tips?

Incidentally, DENG seems to submit this same way regardless of what method I
tell it to use (put, get, or post).

Thanks,
Lars