cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jonny Pony" <jonnypony...@hotmail.com>
Subject Action (accessing jdbc-pooll) using Avalon components
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 11:27:43 GMT
Hi,

I want my action to access the jdbc-pool configured in the cocoon.xconf.

My try so far:

package foo.bar.acting;

import java.sql.*;
import org.apache.avalon.framework.service.*;

public class PoolTest extends AbstractAction implements Serviceable{

	public Map act(Redirector redirector, SourceResolver resolver,
			Map objectModel, String source, Parameters params) {
		/*
			I want to use the service method below in this action
			But how??
		*/
	}

	public void service(ServiceManager manager) throws ServiceException {

		ServiceManager serviceManager = null;
		ServiceSelector selector = (ServiceSelector)
serviceManager.lookup(DataSourceComponent.ROLE + "Selector");

		DataSourceComponent ds = (DataSourceComponent)
selector.select("mysql-test");
		Connection con = null;

		try {
			con = ds.getConnection();
		} catch (Exception e) {
		} finally {
			try {
				con.close();
			} catch (Exception e) {
			}
			if (selector != null)
				selector.release(ds);
			if (serviceManager != null)
				serviceManager.release(selector);
		}
	}
}

My question is how to use the service method in this action. Or more
precise, how to access it?
Do I pass an empty ServiceManager?

Jonny