cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Flow Control using Java and not JavaScript?
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 07:14:06 GMT
Il giorno 07/ott/04, alle 01:55, Robert Simmons Jr. ha scritto:

> I was reading the flow ontrol documentation and I am uncomfortable
> with the
> whole idea of doing my app mostly in javascript. Would it be possible
> to do
> flow control with just java itself? That would be cool and much easier
> debug.

Look at the Javaflow block for this, but if I were you, I would
reconsider this choice. The "proper" way of using flowscript is only as
a means to script the flow of pages and you should tuck away all
business logic inside Java objects. It is certainly *not* recommended
to do your app "mostly in javascript".

If you are coming to the GT, my talk on Tuesday will also deal with
proper ways of partitiong application logic in a Cocoon application.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/