cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Classpath
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:20:08 GMT
Il giorno 19/ott/04, alle 16:23, Roberto ha scritto:

> Hya there,
> would just to understand if I need to set the CLASSPATH enviroment
> variable to use Cocoon. Let me tell first my configuration:

No, it's almost NEVER a good idea to set the CLASSPATH env var, unless
some braindead app really needs it.

> Any suggestion?

 From WEB-INF/web.xml

     <!--
       This parameter is used to list classes that should be loaded at
       initialization time of the servlet. For example, JDBC Drivers
used need to
       be named here. Additional entries may be inserted here during
build
       depending on your build properties.
     -->
     <init-param>
       <param-name>load-class</param-name>

put the pathname-qualified name of your JDBC driver class there,
restart and it should work.

See also http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/faq/faq-databases.html

	Ugo

--