cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Urgent! cocoon.createSession() not working in 2.1.5.1
Date Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:41:57 GMT
Tee hee. You got caught.

The user goes to www.mysite.com.
Apache forwards it to www.mysite.com:8080/cocoon.
Cocoon creates a session cookie for domain www.mysite.com:8080, with
path /cocoon
Apache returns this page to the user, with this session cookie
User requests www.mysite.com/anotherpage.html.
Browser looks to see if it has any cookies for www.mysite.com, directory
/. It doesn't. It has one for /cocoon, but not one for /, so it doesn't
send the cookie to the server.

Kerbang.

What you need to do is make sure your Apache URLs use the same
directories as your Cocoon ones.

For virtual hosting, I have Jetty match on virtual host names, so
webapps are mounted based upon the domain names, rather than based upon
folders.

Hope that makes sense.

Upayavira