cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Registering own Authentication Manager
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:12:33 GMT
You don't need a new selector.  Return the user's role in the XML from
your authentication pipeline like this:

<authentication>
    <ID>Unique ID of the user in the system</ID>
    <role>rolename</role> <!-- optional -->
    <data>
        Any additional optional information can be supplied here.
        This will be stored in the session for later retrieval
    </data>
</authentication>

Then use the ParameterSelector like this:

      <map:select type="parameter">
        <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test" value="{session-context:/authentication/role}"/>
        <map:when test="Administrator">
        </map:when>
        <map:when test="ReqularUser">
        </map:when>

        <map:otherwise>
        </map:otherwise>

      </map:select>

This works if the user only has a single role.